Y’all. We do NOT take many vacations. I am a saver in my heart, and though I love the concept of travel and exploration it’s admittedly hard for me to pull the trigger and spend all that cash on an experience that’s so fleeting. That’s probably why when my husband texted and said “we NEED a vacation,” a month or two ago, I obliged with little resistance. And boy am I glad I did. It was time.
We settled on California without much trouble. We could make it there with a reasonable drive if we split it into two days, and the change of pace would be just what we craved. Disney would be the highlight for the kids (more on that adventure to come) and the beach would quench our thirst for some sun.
After a night of Air Bnb-ing madness, we booked a place that we knew could be either a big hit or an even bigger miss. As luck would have it, it was a hit… a huge, all-the-stars-aligned, big-sigh-of-relief style hit. We had stumbled upon the Manzanita Cottages at Laguna Beach. I’ll share photos more than words for this one, because this is a place you have to see to believe. A secret world inhabited by four picturesque cottages, each with it’s own color door and window trim, and an authentic wishing well in the center, the cottages provided a sense of seclusion and retreat all while being conveniently located within walking distance of the beach and town center.
The air was scented with citrus and fresh blooms wafting around every corner.
Inside, the fresh beach decor was crisp, clean, and inviting.
Our neighbor staying in the “green cottage” next door said the children looked like garden fairies ready for a new day’s adventure as they stood in the doorway. I happen to agree.
If you’re looking for a unique retreat for your next beach town vacation, this just may be the place for you. Here are some quick details:
- There are 4 cottages and a studio apartment. Each can be rented separately, or you can rent several of the spaces at a time.
- Each cottage is a one bed/one bath space, with a king bed in the master and pull out bed in the living room.
- The space in the blue cottage, where we stayed, was clean, well maintained, and comfortable for our family of four. There was even a surprisingly spacious walk in closet perfect for stowing away luggage.
- Guests have access to a community laundry room, and each cottage gets the use of one dedicated parking place.
- Some of the cottages have private patios and BBQ grills. There is an additional common courtyard tucked away in the back of the property perfect for outdoor dining with a larger group.