Whoa! It’s been awhile since I posted a Friday Five, friends. The summer was a complete (blog-free) whirlwind. Birthday parties, play-dates, baking projects, and a touch of relaxation colored my days; bright, sunny, and fun. We sought out (and found!) moments for creativity around every corner. Some of our projects were smashing successes. Others are tabled, hanging out in our “activity closet” until further notice. Either way, we played, learned, and created our days away.
I hope that your summer was beautiful too.
Some fresh ideas for the blog are in the works… more to come on those soon. Oh la la. For now, though, here’s today’s Friday Five. Five little (sometimes… ok often… frivolous) things I’m totally digging in my life right now:
- This book has no pictures… but I’m pretty sure any little people in your life will LOVE it! Mine can’t get enough.
- We’ve had these working glasses in our house for quite awhile, but I just can’t get enough. Perfect for baking, cooking, and art projects alike, their sturdy glass build looks great in a cabinet but couldn’t be more functional. They come with lids, making them my go-to containers for preparing ingredients, mixing small batches of colored frosting, or even storing fresh squeezed juices.
- My favorite #dogofinstagram… no, seriously though.
- This was one of my favorite presents that my little guy received for his birthday. I love how it fosters both creativity and scientific thinking during 4-year-old play time. As a parent, I also appreciate that (unlike many toys in the genre) it comes with enough pieces to really dig in and have fun without requiring the purchase of additional sets.
- And finally, Because it’s September. 🙂
Happy Fall Everybody!
For more from the Hansen House, click it.